Tuesday, September 11, 2012

MORT’s Milder Meandering

Pardon me . . .


You’ll pardon me if I temporarily divert my attention from the schmutzic world of politics to a relatively rare natural phenomenon, provided to me gratis, by ‘Mother Nature’.

I wanted to share with you the good news that there is still some beauty left in this nasty old world. However, in order to enjoy it – one has to be fortunate enough to be included in the geographic audience selected to witness such a phenomenon. And even at that, one has to be heads-up and quick enough to catch such a fleeting moment.

Today, Thursday, September 6, 2012 at around 5:50PM, one of those all-too-rare moments was revealed. The daylight was warm and orangey as the Sun was setting in the Western sky. The shadows being cast were low and long. It was still quite bright outside when without notice, a gentle rain began to fall, silently. No wind. No lightning. Nothing like the roaring winds and driving rains that we here in South Florida have grown accustomed to over the past several weeks. Just lovely rain in the sunshine.

There was a beautiful light being reflected off the surface of our little, man-made lake. That same reflected light splashed onto the walls of the houses on the opposite shore. And all the while, that gentle rain was falling silently, as if it had been instructed to never mind the sunshine and just fall like rain is supposed to fall. It lasted a brief four minutes, or so.

That’s it. That was my rare moment of spectacular natural beauty. It was mine, alone.

MORT KUFF © 9-6-2012

P.S. As I enjoyed the afterglow of that special moment I thought to myself – ‘the Government had nothing to do with this. My second thought was, ‘Obama didn’t build that.’ God 1; Messiah 0.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: