Sunday, July 15, 2012

MORT’s Meanderings

PUBLIC NOTICE:

‘CRANKY’ HAS ARRIVED

In his Gettysburg address, President Abraham Lincoln stated, “the world will little note, nor long remember what we say here . . “.

While history has overtaken his meaning by proving him wrong regarding the enduring quality of this singular phrase in his brief but exquisitely-expressed speech – I think he would be amused that some 149 years after he delivered those words, this writer would find them so precisely suited for use in this Public Notice.

This date in history might be deserving of remembrance for other reasons however, insofar as it marking the arrival of this writer’s ‘state of crankiness’, Lincoln’s phrase is bullseye apropos – “the world will little note . . . .”.

It seems that I have always been just a tad lagging in the Department of Development. And so, it is not really surprising that crankiness has taken this long to arrive but there is no doubt, arrived it has. And, just in the nick of time.

If ever there is ever a period in my lifetime when a little crankiness is in order to deal with the nonsensical, sheer lunacy in the affairs of man that we are currently experiencing – now is that time.

Although my memory is not as sharp as I recall it was during my formative years (one day old to somewhere around the 65th birthday), I do recall that point in time when I began to notice a decline in my recollections coupled with a marked increase in my lack of patience. I think it was during the sweltering Summer of 1937. Yeah, that’s it – - 1937. Now that crankiness has

arrived in full bloom and has been so artfully integrated with my total lack of patience, I am much better equipped to handle the stultifying stupidity, avarice and left-leaning lunacy of Democrats, Liberals, Progressives, Occupiers and other off shoots of the ‘something-for-nothing’ crowd, including those geniuses of the vaunted 20%. The latter being those so-called ‘undecideds’ who have yet to make up their minds. Let’s not kid each other Folks, they are the addicted swallowers of Obama’s Kool-Aid. They are indeed, the ‘Lost Generation’ – Gen-‘O’. They’ve made up their O’minds, already.

Nancy Pelosi, she who is renowned for her superior intellect and analytical brilliance, has recently alluded to the ‘free-loaders’. She thought she was making

‘CRANKY’ HAS ARRIVED

reference to one element of our inferior society but as usual, her viewpoint was 180 degrees out of phase with reality. She was in fact articulating with astonishing accuracy for her, a description of the base constituencies of the Democrat-Progressive Party.

My own new-found amalgam of crankiness+terminal impatience is being tested big-time however, I have every confidence that it will serve me well as we press forward and engage in the ongoing tussle with the ideological lunacy from the Left.

We – that is this writer (that’s me) and the millions just like me who cherish their freedom, recognize that it is only the Liberty guaranteed to us by the Constitution of the United States that stands between us and the challenge of the most formidable aggregation of evil-doers this old world has seen in many a moon.

Our enemies are plentiful, they are the congenital bad guys who are now hyper- active both from within and without our borders.

Yep, ‘CRANKY’ has arrived and now resides right here – at home with us.

And thankfully, as Lincoln said – or maybe it was someone else who said, “There’s no place like home”.

MORT KUFF

Bookmark and Share

No comments: